Jun

Media Centre PC For Sale

Posted by: Scott Lovegrove   in Media Centre

P_500I recently upgraded my Media Centre PC so that I could put in a new tuner that would give me DVB-S (Freesat) as well as DVB-T (Freeview). The upshot of it meant that I had to replace enough hardware to warrant buying a new Media Centre rig, and I have to say, I’m really pleased with my upgrade.

But that’s not what this blog post is for. Basically, I’m now looking to sell my old Media Centre PC. I could go with ebay, but to be honest, I don’t really think ebay is the best place to try and sell this really, it’s not the sort of thing people would look for. So I’ve decided to try and sell it through my blog where there will be more of a readership through twitter etc.

Spec

Case: The whole PC is in this case, which has everything it originally came with (apart from the PCI-e expansion slot).

Processor: AMD 4600+ 64 bit processor (Socket AM2)

RAM: 4gb DDR2

HDD: 500gb

Optical: DVD drive

TV Cards: 2x DVB-T (PCI) pinnacle tuners.

This is a really good PC to have as a Media Centre. It handles HD content that comes from the web (WMV, MKV, etc) as well as HD optical media, so if you put a Bluray drive in there it would be fine with that too.

The two TV tuners that it has means you can watch/record two shows at the same time, which believe me, is very handy. And when you do all this through Windows Media Centre, the experience is awesome.

Of course, this doesn’t have to be a Media Centre PC, you could use it as a Windows Home Server as it’s still quite a bit smaller than a normal desktop PC.

So how much am I wanting for this? Well, I’m hoping for about £150, but I am open to sensible offers. If you’re interested, please get hold of me on twitter or leave a comment on this blog post and I’ll get in touch. Pictures can be taken if required.

Oh, one more thing, I’m only realistically looking to ship this within the UK. Sorry for non-UK types.

SL

Tags: ,

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 6th, 2010 at 16:36 and is filed under Media Centre. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 comments so far

Mohsin

Hi, this might be a long shot.. but is this still available for sale?

January 3rd, 2011 at 03:54

hello!,I really like your writing very much! share we be
in contact extra about your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to resolve
my problem. May be that is you! Taking a look ahead to see you.

June 4th, 2013 at 04:48

I see a lot of interesting posts on your page. You have to spend a lot of time
writing, i know how to save you a lot of time,
there is a tool that creates high quality, SEO friendly
posts in couple of seconds, just search in google – k2
unlimited content

July 21st, 2014 at 04:04

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates unique, google friendly
articles in seconds, just type in google – laranitas free content source

August 30th, 2014 at 06:12

Awesome info you post here, i have shared this article on my facebook

January 7th, 2015 at 01:36

Hi admin, i found this post on 14 spot in google’s search results.
I’m sure that your low rankings are caused by hi bounce
rate. This is very important ranking factor. One of the
biggest reason for high bounce rate is due to visitors hitting
the back button. The higher your bounce rate the further down the search results your posts and pages will
end up, so having reasonably low bounce rate is important for improving your rankings naturally.
There is very handy wordpress plugin which can help you.

Just search in google for:
Seyiny’s Bounce Plugin

March 8th, 2015 at 00:18

The fx -74processor out performs Intel’s Core 2 Extreme QX6700, with a 3.
By using this AMD treattment three-pronged attack on macular degeneration every day foor six to twelve months patients are
reprting improvements in their vision which was previously uneard of with this debilitating eye disease.

In appearance, the Samsung RV415-S01 is the classic
black stle of painting, roof made of composite materials.

In short, the Dell Inspiron 15-5547 super pole, from thhe configuration point of view, i7-4510U, HD4400
core + R7 M265 significantly, 8G memory, 1T hard drive, plus 1080P touch screen can be very good.
extensively and couldn’t find any flaws with this laptop.

May 10th, 2015 at 18:29

Regular exercising on this machine can burn up a large amount of calories and that too in a very short
time. With the Law of Attraction, it’s all about matching your vibration to your
mood or feeling. Think about it, you’re just slowing down the process.

May 31st, 2015 at 06:59

The new boxes will integrate your television programming with internet capabilities-especially letting you search for your favorite
programs and movies and allowing you to link with
social networks. In conclusion the leverage multiplies
your investment helping you earn much more money
than you would without it, but also you should be very careful with the trade decisions you make.
The slots at this site are incredible, boasting three
reel slots, five reel slots, nine reel slots, mega spins, video slots, bonus slots
and of course some of the most advanced progressive jackpot
games to be had.

July 20th, 2015 at 23:28

The great man is he who does not loose his child’s heart.

October 16th, 2016 at 09:37